With over 22 galleries filled with displays and an activities programme that runs throughout the year, the Museum offers a wealth of fun things for children to see and do.
- A number of panel labels especially for children, to be found throughout the Museum and gardens
- Special exhibitions for children
- Museum trails to follow including those designed for under 5s and older children
- Help with homework and learning
- Holiday workshops and summer activities
- A range of toys and puzzles for sale
- Opportunities for clubs and groups to visit the museum out of hours.
Children can participate in a number of workshops aged 5 years and older. Topic this year have included:
- Discover Dinosaurs
- Lego Super Racers
- Egyptians - The Mummy's Tale.
Priced at £5, and lasting between 1-1.5 hours they are a great opportunity to combine fun and education at the same time. Please contact us to be put on our mailing list for our upcoming workshops.
Under 5s Museum Fun
Museum Minis – New Fun Sessions for 2-5 year olds!
Starting in November 2014, children will get the opportunity to look at an object from the collection or area of the museum and use as a stimulus for story telling, songs and crafts. Sessions to include refreshments. These sessions are on a Wednesday afternoon 1.30pm -3.00pm £5 entry for child & carer. For more information please call us on 01403 211661 or email Horsham Museum
Tootle Teds Music Club
Tootle Teds Music Club includes a mix of traditional nursery rhymes, newer children's songs and percussion instruments. Sessions last an hour and run every other Tuesday between 2 and 3pm at a cost of £4 per child.
Themes covered are linked to the Early Years National Curriculum. Museum Minis and Tootle Teds Music Club include time to chat over tea or coffee and a biscuit and for the children a biscuit and colouring sheet.
If you wish to come along to one of these sessions please call 01403 211661 to book a place. For more information please contact Miranda Mitchell on 07732355684.